MRM McGill Engineering Doctoral Awards (MEDA)
Engineers play a critical role in optimizing and manufacturing stem cell-based therapies and other regenerative medicine products. With support from the Faculty of engineering, the MRM Network is awarding MRM-MEDAs for fall 2021 or winter 2022.
The objective of the MRM-MEDA joint call is to support interdisciplinary collaboration between engineers and other MRM Network members.
- The main supervisor must be a member of the MRM and hold an appointment with the Faculty of Engineering.
- As it is a recruitment award, it can only be offered to incoming Ph.D. students (current McGill Ph.D. students are not eligible).
- The applicant must hold a Masters degree, the award can only be a regular domestic or international 3-year MEDA.
- After being awarded an MRM-MEDA, the student will have to become a member of the MRM and register in the Faculty of Engineering (Departments: Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering & Applied Mechanics, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mining & Materials Engineering).
- A cGPA of 3.5 is a minimum required for the student to be eligible. This criterion may vary depending on the department the applicant will join.
- Standard MEDA amounts and supervisor contributions as described in the Engineering Graduate Awards Processes and Procedure guide. Please contact your Departmental Graduate Program Coordinator or Graduate Program Director for more information.
- Only one application per laboratory will be allowed by competition.
- The MRM Network must be acknowledged in any publication including data generated during the course of the funded project.
- A supervisor cannot receive the MRM-MEDA two years in a row.
Applicants must provide by email the following:
- Name of the supervisor
- Name of the department of affiliation within the Faculty of Engineering
- Student’s transcript (including cGPA on the McGill 4.00 scale) & Student’s CV
- Abstract of the planned research (max. 500 words + 1 figure)
Deadline for application is March 31, 2021 for Fall 2021 competition (admission may start in Fall 2021 or Winter 2022)
A dedicated committee composed of members of the MRM and members of the Faculty of Engineering will judge the applications as follows:
- The proposed research is aligned with the mission of the MRM.
- The proposed research will foster collaborations with other MRM members.
- Student excellence and research potential based on academic and research excellence.