Saint-Gobain opening: Senior Research Associate – Bioprocess Solutions R&D
Senior Research Associate – Bioprocess Solutions
United States, Massachusetts, Northborough
Saint-Gobain Life Sciences is looking for an experienced Senior Research Associate to join our growing Bioprocess Solutions R&D team at our Life Sciences Laboratory located on the campus of the University of Massachusetts Science Park in Worcester, MA. This new facility is dedicated to the research of cell and material interactions for designing and optimizing single-use systems for Cell & Gene therapies and Bioprocess Solutions.
Saint-Gobain Life Sciences produces a variety of single-use products for advanced cell and gene therapies, applying our deep experience in material science and engineering to Cell & Gene Therapy and Bioprocess Solutions. Activities will focus on process and product development projects related to Saint-Gobain’s extensive bioprocessing product line.
As a Senior Research Associate, the selected candidate will be expected to lead R&D projects through effective collaboration with R&D colleagues, commercial team members, application engineers, external customers, and external suppliers. The new team member will design experimental plans, execute experiments, analyze data, generate laboratory protocols, and contribute to technical reports and product summaries. Experience with clinical or commercial-scale bioprocessing methods and materials, especially for cold/cryogenic storage of biologicals is required. Utilization of good documentation practice and good laboratory practice are expected. In addition to the candidate’s primary projects, the candidate will be expected to support projects led by others.
- Lead 2-3 projects simultaneously with team members having multi-disciplinary background.
- Recommend innovative project initiatives consistent with customer needs.
- Support senior engineers in team with execution of major R&D projects
- Conducts hands-on experimental work, plays supportive role in lab management and ensures compliance with EHS requirements.
- Demonstrated project management skills and oral, written and visual communication skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly understand new concepts and technology and apply them.
- Ability to network/communicate within and out of group, as well as across disciplines.
- Respectful communication and ability to collaborate in a team environment required.
- Demonstrate familiarity with statistical tools, data analysis, and drawing conclusions based on a collection of basic data and interpretation.
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge in HSE.
- BS Degree with a minimum of 7+ years’ experience, or MS with 3+ years’ experience, or entry level PhD in Cell Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Biology, Immunology, Biotechnology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or other relevant Science or Engineering degree
- 3+ years of hands on experience with cell culture processes/equipment
- Experience with cell types used in cell & gene therapy processes and manufacturing
- Experience with cold storage solutions and cryopreservation techniques and process flows
- Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), documentation of standard operating procedures (SOPs), lab notebook maintenance, experience with establishing service agreements with vendors and execution to appropriate schedule
About Saint-Gobain Research
Saint-Gobain Research (SGR) North America is one of Saint-Gobain’s largest industrial research laboratories. The center is home to more than 400 employees working at the leading edge of innovation on multidisciplinary industrial research, preparing the future by designing tomorrow’s products and processes across an amazing variety of markets and technical disciplines. Since 1985, SGR North America has been supporting existing businesses, developing future businesses, and nurturing talent.
Saint-Gobain designs, manufactures and distributes materials and solutions which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. They can be found everywhere in our living places and our daily life: in buildings, transportation, infrastructure and in many industrial applications. They provide comfort, performance and safety while addressing the challenges of sustainable construction, resource efficiency and climate change.