MRM Internal Funding
One of the main goals of the MRM Network is to synergize research that seeks novel forward-looking insights and discovery into a basic understanding of stem cells biology, which ultimately translate into novel technologies and regenerative medicine. Toward this end, it is crucial that the MRM support discoveries by our researchers by facilitating the use of the numerous quality platforms built across McGill University. Thus, the MRM put in place a special fund to support pilot research projects using these MRM-affiliated core facilities.
The MRM Network will sponsor two funding competitions each year to award three to five dedicated research projects involving the use of one of the technological core facilities affiliated to the Network.
- The Principal Investigator applying to the competition must be a current MRM Member.
- Funding must be used for a project involving use of core facilities affiliated with the Network.
- The MRM will fund up to a maximum of $8,000.
- The MRM Network must be acknowledged in any publication including data generated during the course of the funded project.
- The funding must be used within six months of its approval by the Funding & Infrastructure Committee.
- Funding must be reserved for the fees associated to the use of the affiliated core facility. Note: project can involve several core facilities.
- If the project is involving one of the affiliated animal facilities, please note that funding will not cover for animal housing fees.
- A researcher that has already received MRM Internal funding will not be allowed to apply to the competition in the same year.
Applicants must complete the application form (available when the competition is open).
Following the form submission, applicants must send by email:
- Description of the project – In a one-page document:
- Provide context: briefly describe the overall research project, including current funding sources of the research program
- Describe the experiment, methods involved, and core facility that will be used
- Explain how this experiment will benefit your overall research project
- A quotation from the core facility involved in the project stating total cost and estimated start and end dates for the experiment. The total amount requested in the application must appear on the quotation(s).
The MRM Internal Funding Spring 2021 competition is now CLOSED.
Next competition will open in October 2021.