Lucie Besner Travel Awards
The Lucie Besner Travel Awards Competition is now OPEN.
The Lucie Besner Travel Awards support national and international presence of the MRM Trainees. The MRM Network is having two competitions a year:
Winter Competition (OPEN)
- Submission Deadline: February 1st, 2021.
- For meetings occuring between February 2021 and July 2021.
Summer Competition (Closed)
- Submission Deadline: June 30th, 2021.
- For meetings occuring between August 2021 and January 2022.
- You must be a current MRM Member.
- You must have an abstract submitted for a presentation at a national or international meeting.
- You must use the Award to attend a meeting related to Regenerative Medicine, or to present your work on Stem Cells and/or Regenerative Medicine.
- The award shall be up to a maximum of $500.
- Only one application per laboratory will be allowed by competition.
- The MRM Network must be acknowledged and MRM Logo must be included in the presentation.
Applicants must complete the application form.
Following the form submission, you must send by email the proof that your abstract was submitted for an oral or poster presentation.
The MRM Prizes & Awards Committee will judge the applications based on:
- Abstract: novelty of the project, impact (or potential impact) of the results and quality of writing (grammar, language, structure, readability)
- Letter of motivation: the applicant must present the meeting he/she will attend while justifying its importance to the field and must clearly state his/her motivation and potential career benefits.
The payment of the award will be done through your McGill expense report on Minerva. After the meeting, provide all proof of attendance and receipts in a single PDF document to the Network by email and we will send you the detailed process to be followed in order to include your Award in your expense report.