Lucie Besner Travel Awards
The Lucie Besner Travel Awards Competition is now CLOSED
The Lucie Besner Travel Awards support national and international presence of the MRM Trainees. The MRM Network is having two competitions a year:
Winter Competition (Closed)
- Submission Deadline: January 31st, 2023, by 11:59 PM.
- For meetings occurring between February 2023 and July 2023.
Summer Competition (Closed – opens on June 1st, 2023)
- Submission Deadline: June 30th, 2023, by 11:59 PM.
- For meetings occurring between August 2023 and January 2024.
- You must be a trainee (undergraduate, graduate or postdoctoral fellow) with a valid McGill ID.
- You must be a current MRM Member.
- You must have an abstract submitted for a presentation at a national or international meeting. Important: if registration for the event or abstract submission is not available before the competition’s deadline, you can still apply. You will be asked to provide proof of registration when available to confirm the award.
- You must use the Award to attend a meeting related to Regenerative Medicine or to present your work on Stem Cells / Regenerative Medicine.
- If you have received a Lucie Besner Travel Award already, you will be eligible again after 1 year (i.e. you can not apply to the round directly following the one you were awarded in).
- The award shall be up to a maximum of $500 to cover registration fees and/or travel fees (transport, accommodation, meals).
- Only two applications per laboratory will be allowed by competition but two students from the same laboratory will not be awarded in the same competition.
- The MRM Network must be acknowledged and MRM Logo must be included in the presentation.
Applicants must complete the application form (available when the competition opens).
Following the form submission, you must send by email the proof that your abstract was submitted* for an oral or poster presentation.
The MRM Prizes & Awards Committee will judge the applications based on:
- Abstract: novelty of the project, impact (or potential impact) of the results and quality of writing (grammar, language, structure, readability)
- Letter of motivation: the applicant must present the meeting he/she will attend while justifying its importance to the field and must clearly state his/her motivation and potential career benefits.
The payment of the award will be done through your McGill expense report on Minerva. After the meeting, provide all proof of attendance and receipts in a single PDF document to the Network by email and we will send you the detailed process to be followed in order to include your Award in your expense report.
* If the proof of your abstract submission is not available by the time you are registering to the competition, you will be asked to send it to us when available.