Meet the MRM Student Committee
The MRM has created a new Trainee Committee!
We now have over 150 Trainee members, counting for almost half of our community and we wanted to stress the importance of our students by creating a new MRM Trainee Committee.
The MRM Trainee Committee has been formed with the objective of supporting the emerging generation of regenerative medicine researchers. As the trainee committee, we aim to:
1- Support and represent trainees within the MRM Network.
2- Facilitate scientific and personal communications between trainees.
3- Host recurring social and academic events tailored to the trainees’ interests and needs.
Twelve MRM Trainees will serve on this committee, representing 10 different departments at McGill:
- Molly Shen (Chair), MSc student in the Juncker Lab
- Lilit Antonyan, Ph.D. candidate in the Ernst Lab
- Diana Casas, Ph.D. Candidate in the Stratton Lab
- Neha Dinesh, Ph.D. Candidate in the Reinhardt Lab
- Chu Han Feng, Ph.D. Candidate in the Tremblay Lab
- Romina Filippelli, MSc Candidate in the Chang Lab
- Keerthana Harwalkar, Ph.D. Candidate in the Yamanaka Lab
- Arina Morozan, MSc Candidate in the Colmegna and Martin Labs
- Alicia Reyes Valenzuela, Ph.D. Candidate in the Mongeau Lab
- Dania Shaban, MSc Candidate in the Nijnik Lab
- Andrew Song, Ph.D. Candidate in the Andelfinger Lab
- Akshaya Upadhyay, Ph.D. Candidate in the Tran Lab
To plan activities tailored to the MRM Trainees’ needs, the Committee has created a survey to gauge what are the student community’s expectations and wishes.