MRM Fall 2022 competition for Internal Funding is open!
One of our main goals is to synergize research to generate novel forward-looking insights and discovery into a basic understanding of stem cell biology, which can ultimately translate into novel technologies and regenerative medicine. Toward this end, it is crucial that the MRM support discoveries by our researchers by facilitating the use of the numerous excellent platforms built across McGill University as research cores. Thus, the MRM put established a fund to support pilot research projects using these MRM-affiliated core facilities.
The MRM Network sponsors two competitions each year to award three to five dedicated research projects involving the use of one of the core facilities affiliated to the Network.
NEW: the MRM now wants to encourage collaboration between its members and to this end, we are adding to the competition additional funding for collaborative applications where two MRM Principal Investigators can apply for funding together. These projects will be funded for up to $10,000.
As we wish to support the work of our young scientists, the competition remains open to postdoctoral researchers sponsored by an MRM PI.
There are now three ways of applying for MRM Internal Funding:
- Individual application: application submitted by one MRM Principal Investigator. The MRM will fund up to a maximum of $6,000.
- Collaborative application: application submitted by two MRM Principal Investigators for a collaborative project. The MRM will fund up to a maximum of $10,000.
- Postdoctoral researcher application: application submitted by a postdoctoral researcher sponsored by an MRM Principal Investigator. The MRM will fund up to a maximum of $6,000.
The deadline for application is Monday, October 31, 2022, at 11:59 PM.
- Applicants must be current MRM members.
- Funding must be used for a project involving the use of core facilities affiliated with the Network.
- The MRM Network must be acknowledged in any publication including data generated during the course of the funded project.
- Funding must be used within six months of its approval by the Funding & Infrastructure Committee.
- Funding must be reserved for the fees associated with the use of the affiliated core facility. Note: project can involve several core facilities.
- If the project is involving one of the affiliated animal facilities, please note that funding will not cover animal housing fees.
- A researcher that has already received MRM Internal funding will not be allowed to apply to the competition in the same year.
Applicants must complete the application form (available here).
Following the form submission, applicants must send by email:
- Description of the project – In a one-page document:
- Provide context: briefly describe the overall research project, including current funding sources of the research program
- For collaborative projects, please explain how the funding will create synergies between the two labs
- Describe the experiment, methods involved, and core facility that will be used
- Explain how this support will benefit your overall research project
- A quotation from the core facility involved in the project stating the total cost and estimated start and end dates for the experiment. The total amount requested in the application must appear on the quotation(s).
The deadline for application is Saturday, April 30, 2022, at 11:59 PM.