Graduate student position in the Stochaj laboratory – McGill Physiology
The Stochaj laboratory is currently looking for a graduate student.
We are looking for an enthusiastic graduate student to join our team. Entry into the Ph.D. program is preferred, but candidates who wish to complete the MSc program will also be considered.
The graduate student will work on a collaborative project that combines cell biology, physiology and nanomedicine. The candidate’s project will examine the molecular mechanisms of cellular senescence and aging.
The candidate will enroll in the Physiology graduate program at McGill University. Research will be multidisciplinary and conducted at McGill University, located in Montreal. Details on the graduate program and stipends are listed on the Physiology website.
McGill is fully committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
QUALIFICATIONS AND PERSONAL ATTIBUTES
- Fluency in English, with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Undergraduate degree in cell biology, biology, biochemistry or related field;
- Academic excellence, with a cGPA of 3.5 or higher on a 4.0 scale;
- Good knowledge in basic cell biology;
- Experience at the bench is an asset;
- Scientific curiosity;
- Ability to work in a highly competitive field;
- Must be available for a personal or Zoom interview.
- Priority will be given to Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada
Please provide a cover letter and the names and contact e-mails of at least two individuals who are willing to provide letters of recommendation. These individuals should be familiar with the candidate’s academic performance.
Please e-mail all information and inquiries to Ursula Stochaj.
Ursula Stochaj, Ph.D.
Department of Physiology & Quantitative Life Sciences Program
Canada, H3G 1Y6