Special call for MRM McGill Engineering Doctoral Awards (MEDA)
With support from the Faculty of engineering, the MRM Network is announcing a special call for MRM-MEDAs for fall 2020 and winter 2021.
Engineers play a critical role in optimizing and manufacturing stem cell-based therapies and other regenerative medicine products.
The objective of the MRM-MEDA joint call is to support interdisciplinary collaboration between engineers and other MRM Network members.
To apply for the MRM-MEDA, please send the name of the supervisor, the engineering department, the student’s transcript (including cGPA), the student’s CV and an abstract of the planned research to email@example.com.
- The main supervisor must be a member of the MRM and hold an appointment with the Faculty of Engineering.
- As it is a recruitment award, it can only be offered to incoming students (current McGill students are not eligible).
- After being awarded an MRM-MEDA, the student will have to become a member of the MRM and to register in the Faculty of Engineering (Departments: Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering & Applied Mechanics, Electrical & Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mining & Materials Engineering).
- A cGPA of 3.5 is a minimum required for the student to be eligible.
- The proposed research is aligned with the mission of the MRM.
- The proposed research will foster collaborations with other MRM members.
- Student excellence and research potential based on academic and research excellence.
For the Fall 2020 competition, the deadline for application is June 15th.