Special call for MRM McGill Engineering Doctoral Awards (MEDA) – Fall 2021 / Winter 2022
With support from the Faculty of engineering, the MRM Network is announcing a special call for MRM-MEDAs for fall 2021 or winter 2022.
Engineers play a critical role in optimizing and manufacturing stem cell-based therapies and other regenerative medicine products.
The objective of the MRM-MEDA joint call is to support interdisciplinary collaboration between engineers and other MRM Network members.
To apply for the MRM-MEDA, please send the name of the supervisor, the engineering department, the student’s transcript (including cGPA), the student’s CV and an abstract of the planned research to email@example.com.
- The main supervisor must be a member of the MRM and hold an appointment with the Faculty of Engineering.
- As it is a recruitment award, it can only be offered to incoming Ph.D. students (current McGill Ph.D. students are not eligible).
- The applicant must hold a Masters degree, the award can only be a regular domestic or international 3-year MEDA.
- After being awarded an MRM-MEDA, the student will have to become a member of the MRM and to register in the Faculty of Engineering.
- A cGPA of 3.5 is a minimum required for the student to be eligible. This criterion may vary depending on the department the applicant will join.
- The proposed research is aligned with the mission of the MRM.
- The proposed research will foster collaborations with other MRM members.
- Student excellence and research potential based on academic and research excellence.