Stem Cell Network 2022-2025 Research Funding Competition
The Stem Cell Network is launching a new multimillion-dollar national research funding competition to support world-class, translational, regenerative medicine research, across the research continuum, to facilitate health, social and economic benefits for Canadians.
This new competition will open Wednesday, September 1, 2021 and support research activities during the 2022 to 2025 time period. Seven regenerative medicine research programs will be available that focus on career development, innovation, clinical translation, policy and societal impact, commercialization and transformative technology development.
The seven programs available are:
- Early Career Researcher Jump Start Awards: SCN will provide up to $300,000 for early career researchers (within the first five years of an initial academic appointment) to develop a research program with a regenerative medicine focus.
- Impact Awards: SCN will provide up to $250,000 to support proof-of-principle experiments, including novel therapeutic or technical approach development that will drive regenerative medicine therapies forward.
- Clinical Trial Awards: SCN will provide up to $1,000,000 to support early-stage clinical trial projects with high translational potential.
- Translation & Society Teams Award: SCN will provide up to $750,000 to support high-calibre ELSI research teams to undertake innovative, high-impact research that facilitates regenerative medicine for the benefit of society.
- Knowledge Translation Awards: SCN will provide up to $200,000 to support the knowledge translation of regenerative medicine research for targeted stakeholders and/or users.
- Fueling Biotechnology Partnerships Awards: SCN will provide up to $400,000 to support academic partnerships with emerging Canadian regenerative medicine biotechnology companies to bring innovative technologies or therapies to the clinic or market.
- Horizon Awards: SCN will provide up to $3,000,000 to fuel national multi-disciplinary teams focused on developing transformative technology solutions for tackling significant regenerative medicine challenges.
You are invited
Researchers interested in learning more about this new SCN funding competition, including the available programs, and the application process, are invited to participate in an online technical briefing webinar: Tuesday, August 17, 2021, at 1 p.m. ETRegister for the webinar
A Letter of Intent (LOI) submission is mandatory for all SCN funding programs. LOIs will be used to identify peer review requirements, gauge the level of interest in SCN’s programs, and ensure projects fall within SCN’s regenerative medicine mandate.
- LOI submissions open on Wednesday, September 1, 2021
- LOI submission deadline is Wednesday, September 22, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. PT
- Full application submission will be opened to eligible LOI submitters on Friday, September 24, 2021
- Full application submission deadline is Wednesday, December 1, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. PT
Funding is dependent on the completion of SCN’s 2022-2025 contribution agreement with the Government of Canada.
LOI and full application-related questions should be addressed to Rebecca Cadwalader (firstname.lastname@example.org).