Registration for the Annual MRM Symposium is now open!
May 12, 2023
McIntyre Medical Sciences Building
Palmer Amphitheatre, Room 522
Free for all MRM Members and their traineesRegister now!
We encourage all MRM trainees to submit an abstract for a poster presentation.
Please select if you wish to be considered for an oral presentation. Abstracts will be reviewed by a special committee consisting of MRM researchers and trainees from various research fields.
Top-ranked abstracts in the three categories (I – Ethics, Policy and Clinical Translation; II – Bioengineering; and III – Fundamental Mechanisms) will be selected for oral presentations. Applicants will be notified by April 12, 2023.
The deadline to submit your abstract is March 1, 2023.Submit your abstract
Dr. John Dick
Ph.D., FRS| Canada Research Chair in Stem Cell Biology
Senior Scientist, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, University Health Network
Professor, Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Toronto
|8:30 – 9:30||Registration & Opening|
|9:30 – 10:40||Session I: Regenerative Medicine – Ethics, Policy, and Clinical Translation|
|10:40 – 11:00||Coffee break|
|11:00 – 12:10||Session II: Regenerative Medicine – Bioengineering|
|12:15 – 2:00||Lunch and Poster Sessions|
|2:00 – 3:10||Session III: Stem Cells – Fundamental Mechanisms|
|3:10 – 3:30||Coffee Break|
|3:30 – 4:30||Session IV: Keynote Lecture – Dr. John Dick|
|4:30 – 4:45||Poster and Oral Presentation Award Ceremony|
|4:45 – 4:55||Closing Remarks|
|5:00 – 6:30||Networking – Wine & Cheese|
Registration Opening Date
December 1, 2022
Abstract Submission Deadline
March 1, 2023
Notification of Selected Abstracts
April 12, 2023
- Natasha Chang (Chair) – Biochemistry
- Marine Christin – MRM Program Manager
- Matt Kinsella – Bioengineering
- Christopher Moraes – Chemical Engineering
- Anastasia Nijnik – Physiology
- Alicia Reyes – Ph.D. Candidate, Mongeau Lab, Biological and Biomedical Engineering
- Derek Rosenzweig – Surgery
- Molly Shen – Master Candidate, Junker Lab, Biomedical Engineering
- Anne-Marie Tremblay – Ph.D. Candidate, Gallouzi Lab, Biochemistry
- Akshaya Upadhyay – Ph.D. Candidate, Tran Lab, Dentistry