SCN Academic-Industry Partnerships Roundtable
Partnerships between academic labs and industry can benefit both partners by increasing access to personnel, equipment, and new funding streams. They also enable academic researchers to apply their skills to industrial challenges, stimulating new R&D activities relevant for both industry and academia as well as eventual commercialization.
Establishing successful academic-industry partnerships requires setting expectations that meet the needs of both the academic and industry partners. What are some of the strategies to find the right partnership fit, and more importantly, what are some best practices for aligning goals, structuring contracts, and enabling successful projects? The “Academic-Industry Partnerships Roundtable” webinar, hosted by Stem Cell Network and adMare BioInnovations, will provide answers to these questions with talks from expert speakers:
- Cate Murray, President and CEO, Stem Cell Network
- Amie Phinney, Ph.D., MBA, Senior Director, Partnerships, adMare BioInnovations
- Bharti Ranavaya, Ph.D., Principal, New Venture Creation, University Health Network
- Guy Sauvageau, MD, Ph.D., Principal Investigator, Molecular Genetics of Stem Cells research unit, IRIC, Professor, Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Université de Montréal, Scientific founder and CEO, ExCellThera
Event Date: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, at 1 p.m. ET.
Registration Procedure: Anyone interested should register here by Tuesday, February 7, 2023, at 1 p.m. ET.
Location: Hosted online. A link to the online sessions will be provided to registrants.
Note: This workshop is hosted online in English only.
Who Should Attend?
This event is for all Canadian researchers interested in academic-industry partnerships, particularly in the field of stem cells and regenerative medicine.
This event will:
- Enhance understanding of industry-academic partnerships and how these agreements can accelerate activities for both parties
- Impart best practices of industry/academic partnerships, including the “3 laws of partners”
- Increase awareness of funding mechanisms for industry-academic partnerships through Stem Cell Network, adMare BioInnovations, and other Canadian funders
For further information on this event or for registration related enquiries, please contact Ellie Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org.