SCN – Training for Success in Canada’s Regenerative Medicine Sector
Due to popular demand, a second installment of this career-focused training event is being offered. This event was oversubscribed in the first installment, so submit an application before Thursday, May 13, 2021 to be considered for a place.
Building the skills and knowledge essential for careers in the regenerative medicine sector is challenging. To help set our trainees up for success, SCN has partnered with BioTalent Canada, a leader in the human resource and technical training space in Canada’s bio-economy, to offer access to a series of Technical Skills Fundamentals online courses. These courses will provide SCN trainees with an introduction to the best practices and quality monitoring standards that are required for the clinical and commercial translation of cell and gene therapies. Course participants will also participate in an interactive online session featuring industry and academic experts who will describe the skillsets required for careers within the regenerative medicine sector.
This opportunity provides SCN trainees with:
- Access to five one-hour online Technical Skills Fundamentals courses that can be taken during the defined study period.
- Feedback on progress through a pre- and post-assessment for each course.
- A certificate of completion for each course taken.
- Access to an interactive online career insight session with an opportunity to pose career-related questions to industry and academic experts.
After completion of this training opportunity, participants will have:
- An understanding of the fundamentals of scientific report writing, Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) and Good Clinical Practice (GCP); and
- Knowledge of the business, scientific, project management and communication skills required for careers within the regenerative medicine sector.
About the BioTalent Canada Courses
- Scientific Report Writing Fundamentals
- Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) Fundamentals
- Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) Fundamentals
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control Fundamentals
- Good Clinical Practice Fundamentals
Who Should Apply?
This training opportunity is designed for highly qualified personnel working in the regenerative medicine field who are considering a career in the biotechnology or manufacturing sector or who want a better understanding of the processes to complement their own research practice. Applicants who wish to build their knowledge of the best practices and quality monitoring standards that are applied during commercial or clinical translation, as well as gain insights into the skillsets that are required for working within regenerative medicine careers more broadly should consider these courses. Note: Spaces are limited but access costs for this training opportunity will be covered by SCN for successful applicants who complete all components; a charge will be levied for applicants that do not complete the components or attend the sessions (see Conditions for details).
Format and Dates
Successful applicants will be provided access to the BioTalent Canada online Technical Skills Fundamentals courses during the period May 31 to June 17, 2021. Applicants will be free to choose when they take the courses, but all five courses must be completed by end of day (participants time) Friday, February 19, 2021. The online interactive career session will be held during the week of June 21, 2021; the date will be communicated to successful applicants.
Application Deadline: 11:59 p.m. (sender’s time) Thursday, May 13, 2021. Please follow the submission procedure listed on the SCN website.
For further information on this workshop or for application related enquiries please contact Jon Draper.