Summer by Design 2024
Stem Cell Network announced a limited number of travel support awards to attend Summer by Design, an intensive program for post-graduate students and post-doctoral fellows from Canadian and international universities on translating and commercializing regenerative medicine.
Workshop Dates: June 10-19, 2024
Location: University of Toronto
Application Deadline: February 2, 2024
Over eight days of expert-led interactive sessions, including lectures, group work and case studies, participants will:
- Learn from experts across various aspects of the technology translation continuum and be introduced to important topics including:
- Conducting technology assessments (market opportunity, competitive landscaping)
- Product conceptualization
- Pivotal experiments
- Technology strategy and Intellectual Property (IP)
- Scale-up and biomanufacturing
- Regulatory affairs and reimbursement
- Strategic communications and pitching including one-on-one coaching to develop presentation and pitch skills.
- Explore Toronto’s dynamic life sciences hub by meeting with clinical and industry leaders in the field of regenerative medicine
- Make connections with other Summer by Design participants to strengthen networks of international peers
Please visit the Summer by Design website to view workshop details, key dates and the application form.
Details of the SCN Award and Application Procedure:
The SCN award provides financial assistance for eligible trainees to attend the Summer by Design workshop in Toronto, from June 10 to 19, 2024, hosted by the University of Toronto’s Medicine by Design initiative, in partnership with CCRM, the Rotman School of Management and Stem Cell Network.
To learn more about the conditions and eligibility, please visit the SCN website.