SCN – RNA-Seq Analysis Workshop
The Stem Cell Network (SCN) is pleased to offer the popular RNA-seq Analysis Workshop once again, with sessions covering both bulk RNA-seq and single-cell RNA-seq. To accommodate more participants, we are hosting two sessions of the RNA-seq workshop in 2022.
Session 1 dates: May 5, 6, 9, 2022
Session 2 dates: May 26, 27, 30, 2022
Workshop location: ONLINE. A link to the online sessions will be provided to successful applicants.
Application deadline: Wednesday, March 30, 2022.
Through a mixture of interactive lectures and computer lab exercises, participants will be exposed to the RNA-seq data acquisition and analysis pipeline and will gain hands-on training in network and pathway analysis of OMICS data (focused on RNA-seq data, but applicable to data obtained from other platforms such as ChIP-seq, microarray or mass spectrometry).
The course will provide:
- A basic understanding of bulk and single cell RNA-seq technologies.
- Training in how to process raw RNA-seq data into differential gene expression lists.
- An understanding of the different statistical tests used to analyze gene sets.
- Experience with functional annotation enrichment analysis tools.
- Experience with the analysis of single cell RNA-seq data.
The workshop is organized by Dr. William Stanford, Dr. Ted Perkins, Dr. David Cook and the Ottawa Bioinformatics Core Facility.
Who should attend?
This RNA-seq Analysis Workshop is designed for stem cell biologists (and other end users) who are looking to gain an understanding of the bioinformatics concepts and processes used to acquire, analyze and interpret bulk or single-cell RNA-seq data.
Due to the interactive nature of this online training opportunity, spaces are limited; individuals interested in participating must submit an application to attend the RNA-seq Analysis Workshop by Wednesday, March 30, 2022. Successful applicants will be notified by Thursday, April 7, 2022 with instructions on how to register for the workshop.
- Complete the application form and return it, along with any additional documents required, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM (sender’s time) Wednesday, March 30, 2022.
- The SCN Training & Education Committees will review all complete applications, and applicants will be informed of the competition outcome by Thursday, April 7, 2022.
For further information on this workshop or for application related enquiries, please contact Ellie Arnold at email@example.com.